For the best experience, please select your location, language and currency:
For the best experience, please select your location, language and currency from the list below: x
We will customise the colours of any wallpaper, free of charge.
Our wallpapers can be made to fit any wall size or shape.
4.9 out of 5
With you in 3-5 days
Home / About Our Products / Measurement & Installation / Measuring & Installing Medium paper
Take a moment to read through this guide before hanging to ensure that you understand the entire process. If you are unsure of any of the steps, please get in touch with our customer care team who will be happy to help.
Remove any old backing paper from wall surface. Ensure hanging surface is smooth, clean, dry in depth. The wall should be painted a uniform colour to avoid patches showing through the mural.
Surface should be free from contaminants such as dirt, dust, grease, mildew, ink stains; any of these can prevent adhesion taking place. Although it isn’t necessary, you may wish to use lining paper underneath your mural.
Emulsion paint: No further preparation needed.
Porous surface (plaster, cement render): Ensure old plaster is stable and free of mould. Ensure new plaster is dry in depth. Prime surface with a PVA based primer or emulsion paint and allow to dry before hanging.
Non-porous surface (glass, gloss paint): No further
* Use pre-mixed ‘Paste the Wall’ paste only, if available use non-woven paste. Powdered adhesive does not provide a strong enough bond.
1. Unroll the wallpaper and separate the drops. Every other drop on the roll will be upside down. Identify each panel and arrange them in hanging order on the floor by aligning the panel numbers to the top left corner of each drop. Each drop is numbered in hanging order from left to right.
Please note: If you have ordered multiple murals they may be rolled together.
2. Lay out panels to check image match before installation. If you notice any inconsistencies within the print, please do not install. Our customer service team can assist you with any problems. Under no circumstance can we compensate installation fees from third parties.
Top tip: Ensuring that the first panel is hung straight is vital for successful installation of your mural. Use a plumb line or spirit level to mark a panels width on the wall, this will give you a guide when hanging the first panel and ensure it’s hung straight.
3. Using a brush or roller, evenly apply a thin layer of wallpaper paste
directly to the wall’s surface.
4. Hang the first drop starting from the top and working downwards. Carefully smooth away any bubbles or ripples using a soft brush or micro-fibre cloth.
IMPORTANT: Do not pull or stretch the material during installation. Work from the top and allow the wallpaper to fall naturally, taking particular care to avoid scuffing or scratching the printed surface
5. When hanging multiple drops: hang the panels edge to edge (there is no overlap), in a butt join. Visually match the image at the join and adjust the position until the design completely matches. Firmly butt the panels, then smooth out with a soft brush.
6. Use a seam roller to ensure the product is well bonded at the joins and gently wipe away any excess paste.
7. Trim away any excess paper at the top and bottom of each drop using a knife and a straight edge.
8. Continue the previous stages for each drop until all panels are installed. Trim away any excess wallpaper using a straight edge and sharp blade.
Allow for drying at room temperature, ensuring there is some ventilation. Sit back and enjoy your handiwork!
Read the guide to find out how to install our medium paper. This paper is high quality and suitable for both homes and commercial spaces.
Read the guide to find out how to install our heavy paper. This highly durable paper is a high grade wallpaper suitable for homes and commercial spaces.