For the best experience, please select your location, language and currency:
For the best experience, please select your location, language and currency from the list below: x
We will customise the colours of any wallpaper, free of charge.
Our wallpapers can be made to fit any wall size or shape.
4.9 out of 5
With you in 3-5 days
Home / About Our Products / Measurement & Installation / Measuring & Installing Heavy paper
Take a moment to read through this guide before hanging to ensure that you understand the entire process. If you are unsure of any of the steps, please get in touch with our customer care team who will be happy to help.
Remove any old backing paper from wall surface. Ensure hanging surface is smooth, clean, dry in depth. The wall should be painted a uniform colour to avoid patches showing through the mural.
Surface should be free from contaminants such as dirt, dust, grease, mildew, ink stains; any of these can prevent adhesion taking place. Although it isn’t
necessary, you may wish to use lining paper underneath your mural.
Emulsion paint: No further preparation needed.
Porous surface (plaster, cement render): Ensure old plaster is stable and free of mould. Ensure new plaster is dry in depth. Prime surface with a PVA based primer or emulsion paint and allow to dry before hanging.
Non-porous surface (glass, gloss paint): No further
* Use pre-mixed ‘Paste the Wall’ paste only, if available use non-woven paste. Powdered adhesive does not provide a strong enough bond.
1. Unroll the wallpaper and separate the drops. Identify each panel and arrange in hanging order on the floor, each drop is numbered in hanging order from left to right (starting with ‘C1’).
Please note: If you have ordered multiple murals they may be rolled together.
2. All murals have a white border to ensure edges aren’t damaged during transit. Trim away the white from the left and right side of the panel only. You do not need to be completely accurate, as each edge will be overlapped and trimmed again later on in the process.
Lay out panels to check image match before installation. If you notice any
inconsistencies within the print, please do not install. Our customer service
team can assist you with any problems. Under no circumstance can we
compensate installation fees from third parties.
3. Turn over each drop and lightly damp the paper backing with a
sponge. Allow to soak for 10 minutes.
4. When the ten minutes is nearly up, apply the first section of adhesive
directly to the wall surface.
Tip: Ensure that the first panel is hung straight, this is vital for successful installation of your mural. Use a plumb line or spirit level to mark a panels width on the wall, this will give you a guide when hanging the first panel and ensure it’s hung straight.
5. Hang the first drop and carefully smooth away any bubbles or ripples using a soft brush or squeegee.
IMPORTANT: Do not pull or stretch the material during installation. Work
from the top and allow the wallpaper to fall naturally, taking particular
care to avoid scuffing or scratching the printed surface.
6. When hanging multiple drops: Your mural is printed with a 20mm overlap. Use the black crop mark at the top and bottom as a guide to overlap the panel onto the first. Visually match the image at the join and smooth out. Adjust the position until the pattern completely matches.
7. Trim away any excess paper at the top and bottom of each drop using a knife and a straight edge.
8. Using a straight edge and a sharp knife, cut down the middle of the overlap through both panels (see diagram). When cutting, keep the knife pressed on the wall at all times, moving the straight edge downwards as you cut. Lifting the knife from the wall can cause the join to be uneven.
9. The top strip should fall away as you cut downwards. Once you have cut all the way down, gently lift the overlapping drop of paper and pull away the thin strip from underneath. If required, more paste can be applied beneath join to ensure adhesion.
10. Use a seam roller to ensure the product is well bonded at the join, and carefully remove any adhesive seepage immediately with cold water and a sponge.
Read the guide to find out how to install our medium paper. This paper is high quality and suitable for both homes and commercial spaces.
Read the guide to find out how to install our heavy paper. This highly durable paper is a high grade wallpaper suitable for homes and commercial spaces.